Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cynicism

The more I see of you, the more cynical I get.

You were my first love, the man who came before all other men. The one I loved unconditionally and totally, and the one who let me down the hardest. Every time I think you've changed a little, it just turns out you're just using us again.

I guess you do love us in your own way, but I hate how you see us as resources, to be thought of only when you need something, and to be put on the shelf when not required. That's not family.

Sigh. It's funny how I was relatively well-adjusted until you brought my world-view crashing down.
Now I'm just another girl with daddy issues. Sad.

2 comments:

  1. My father was most things to me .. till he left ... and now I'm just another girl whose insecurities and fears always drive men (and love) away ..

    ReplyDelete

Say something